The Senior Project Superintendent manages day-to-day operations for a specific assigned 200-300-unit wood-frame multifamily construction project. This position provides overall leadership to the field project team and subcontractors to ensure the project is completed on or ahead of schedule, in a safe manner, within the budget, and to quality standards.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ direct experience in multi-family and/or commercial construction, expert knowledge in the means and methods of construction, proven track record of successful accomplishment in all phases of supervision, excellent planning and project management skills and a passion for building projects with a purpose.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that each project is built per the plans, specs, building code and delivered to the client with the highest level of quality
- Create and update short interval “look ahead” schedules
- Effectively manages all of the project schedule dates to meet or exceed scheduled milestones and completion date
- Facilitates communication and management of the job site and ensures that all parties involved are aware of their responsibilities and informed of project status and expectations
- Establish and maintain regularly scheduled daily and weekly project team and subcontractor coordination meetings as appropriate for the project
- Lead and motivate members of the project team and subcontractors to complete all phases of work within the schedule and budget
- Build and maintain positive relationships with inspectors, subcontractors, internal stakeholders
- Track site/subcontractor activity, safety, deliveries, weather and other important project information on Daily Reports
- Update and maintain the SWPPP, including implementation of plan changes and reporting as necessary
Required Skills & Experience
- High school education or equivalent. Two or Four-year degree in Construction Management preferred or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ direct experience in multifamily construction supervision is required, with projects over $20 million strongly preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of multi-family and/or commercial wood construction as related to all disciplines and phases of construction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including MS Office and project scheduling software
- Be effective at building collaborative relationships and functioning effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated work ethic and leadership
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- OSHA 30 and Maricopa County Dust certifications preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments
- Spanish speaking is a benefit
The founding partners of Greenlight Communities are proud to continue a long-standing tradition of innovative, quality real estate development, and a commitment to resident satisfaction that is second to none. Greenlight Construction serves as the exclusive builder to Greenlight Communities for all the garden style for-rent multifamily communities throughout the state of Arizona.
Formerly operating under the Starpointe and Deco marquees, one of the largest and most respected multi-family development companies in Arizona, Scottsdale-based Greenlight Communities continues to blaze new trails with the legacy of one of the most trusted names in the industry. Specializing in urban infill residential development, Greenlight has assembled a team of industry-leading builders, designers and architects to disrupt the traditional apartment developer model by focusing exclusively on attainable rental housing.
Job Type: Full-time