Status: Full Time
The Senior Project Superintendent manages day to day operations for a specific assigned 200-300-unit wood-frame multifamily construction project. This position provides overall leadership to the field project team and subcontractors to ensure the project is completed on or ahead of schedule, in a safe manner, within the budget, and to quality standards.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ direct experience in multi-family and/or commercial construction, expert knowledge in the means and methods of construction, proven track record of successful accomplishment in all phases of supervision, excellent planning and project management skills and a passion for building projects with a purpose.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that each project is built per the plans, specs, building code and delivered to the client with the highest level of quality
- Create and update short interval “look ahead” schedules
- Effectively manages all of the project schedule dates to meet or exceed scheduled milestones and completion date
- Facilitates communication and management of the job site and ensures that all parties involved are aware of their responsibilities and informed of project status and expectations
- Establish and maintain regularly scheduled daily and weekly project team and subcontractor coordination meetings as appropriate for the project
- Lead and motivate members of the project team and subcontractors to complete all phases of work within the schedule and budget
- Build and maintain positive relationships with inspectors, subcontractors, internal stakeholders
- Track site/subcontractor activity, safety, deliveries, weather and other important project information on Daily Reports
- Update and maintain the SWPPP, including implementation of plan changes and reporting as necessary
Required Skills & Experiences
- High school education or equivalent. Two or Four-year degree in Construction Management preferred or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ direct experience in multifamily construction supervision is required, with projects over $20 million strongly preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of multi-family and/or commercial wood construction as related to all disciplines and phases of construction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including MS Office and project scheduling software
- Effective at building collaborative relationships and functioning effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated work ethic and leadership
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- OSHA 30 and Maricopa County Dust certifications preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments
- Spanish speaking is a benefit
- Life Insurance
- 401 K with Employer Match
- Generous Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Professional Development
Director of Estimating/Bidding – Multifamily Residential
The Director of Estimating/Bidding will work with the Senior Development and Construction personnel to continuously improve Greenlights product line through technological advancements, value engineering, and continue to grow a quality subcontractor base.
The Director of Estimating/Bidding will be responsible for numerous projects in various stages and will need to meet deadline, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing estimates with take-offs and unit costs for prospective projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of obtaining subcontractor bids and making recommendations for bid awards.
- Responsible for ongoing research pertaining to new construction techniques, materials, finish options, and well as commodity and labor price changes
- Review plans and specifications for cost-savings and efficiencies.
- Responsible for developing subcontractor scopes for bidding and contracting, and for reviewing contract scopes prior to execution
- Minimum10 years Previous experience as a Multifamily Estimator, primarily in wood frame construction over $20 million in project cost.
- Having a thorough understanding of the principles, methods, and techniques of multifamily wood frame construction
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management
- 2-3 years Arizona experience
- Expert level of verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with ability to speak clearly and persuasively. Demonstrate group presentation skills, phone, and e-mail etiquette.
- In-depth knowledge of estimating software with strong proficiency and/or the ability to learn and thoroughly understand and train others in the use of Estimating Software.
Job Type: Full Time